We are looking to recruit an experienced Growth Adviser to proactively engage Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the Greater Lincolnshire LEP area for the Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub Programme. This role will cover the South Kesteven, South Holland and Boston areas of Lincolnshire.
The Growth Adviser will undertake a high-quality diagnostic to establish business needs, leading to effective impartial business advice and signposting/brokerage to appropriate solutions. The post-holder will ensure that the programme achieves the overall vision and delivers against the contracted objectives and activity output targets such as job growth.
- Proactively identify and engage with SMEs that are already trading and have the potential to grow, building effective working relationships and proactively working with clients to support their growth aspirations
- Follow up on leads and enquiries generated by the Growth Hub marketing activities
- Generate leads through networking and attendance of events.
- Account manage the client journey by undertaking a robust diagnostic, providing 1-to-1 advice and guidance (where required), and signposting clients to additional specialist support services offered by the Business Lincolnshire Programme. Following the delivery of the specialist support, the Growth Hub Adviser will be responsible for re-engaging with the client to ensure that the evidence is attained to support the achievement of the project outputs.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of running a business, including business development and growth, with the ability to identify and solve business issues.
- Extensive experience of working in a private sector environment to ensure credibility with clients.
- An understanding of the challenges, needs and issues within small and medium sized businesses and the support required to overcome these challenges.
- Knowledge and awareness of Government organisations, national business support organisations and initiatives, policy and funding initiatives, in particular an up-to-date knowledge of sources of finance available to small businesses.
- Knowledge of local business support provision, including programmes, services and networks.
- Knowledge of programme delivery.
Application and further information
If you think that this role is for you, then please send your CV, qualifications and a covering letter summarising your experience and explaining why we should recruit you to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our Job Applicants Privacy Notice before submitting your application.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 24th May 2019. Interviews will be held W/C 10th June 2019